Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31: DAY OF SILENCE

The Lord GOD is my help,
therefore I am not disgraced;
I have set my face like flint,
knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
He is near who upholds my right;
if anyone wishes to oppose me,
let us appear together.
Who disputes my right?
Let him confront me.
See, the Lord GOD is my help;
who will prove me wrong?

BE QUIET TODAY. As much as possible, spend time in silence. Talk as little as you can, and when you have opportunities to listen to music or watch TV, choose to do something silently instead. Ask God for His help to live in the silence today. It is not an easy thing to do, and the silence can often be awkward and even scary. Take a minute to think of how Jesus remained silent while others mocked Him, cursed Him, and spoke lies about Him. Thank Jesus for continuing to love us in the midst of our indifference

No comments:

Post a Comment