Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March 30: I will never deny You

Simon Peter said to him, “Master, where are you going?”
Jesus answered him,
“Where I am going, you cannot follow me now,
though you will follow later.”
Peter said to him,
“Master, why can I not follow you now?
I will lay down my life for you.”
Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me?
Amen, amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow
before you deny me three times.”


Take a minute or two to think of a time when you denied Christ. Think of a time when you didn't stand up for your faith, or maybe when you joined others in mocking the faith. Tell God that you're sorry for this, and ask for His forgiveness. Ask God for the grace that He gave St. Peter to live for Christ even after he denied Jesus 3 times.



No comments:

Post a Comment